DailyKos has an article about the supposed "explosive" undercover videos about Planned Parenthood. This is what an investigation into those videos by "three teams experts in "video forensics, production, and transcription. These teams reviewed the initial five secretly recorded videos. Their experts include "Grant Fredericks who is a contract instructor of video sciences at the FBI National Academy and one of the most experienced video experts in North America." Ok, here is what they found....
- Collectively, the five videotapes of Planned Parenthood staff have at least 42 splices where content is cut and edited together to make it appear to be a seamless conversation.
- In some cases, these splices completely change the meaning of statements. On one video, a Planned Parenthood staff member’s remarks about lab protocols were edited to make it sound like she was talking about changing abortion procedures. Phrases on the tape were isolated and removed, stringing together unrelated sentences to change the meaning.
- Anti-abortion activists used the doctored “quote” to support false claims that she was talking about changing how an abortion would be done, and the “quote” was published by mainstream media as if it were real.
- On one tape, a Planned Parenthood staff member in Colorado says 13 separate times that any arrangements related to fetal tissue donation need to be reviewed by attorneys and follow all laws—and all 13 are edited out of the video.
- On another tape, a Planned Parenthood staff member in Texas says nine separate times that there is no “profit” related to fetal tissue donation—and all nine are edited out of the video.
I am baffled by people's behavior. It makes no sense to me. I can actually see some valid reasons why people object to abortion. I am very much on the freedom of choice side of the argument, but I can see some of the points made by the other side. Why can't they stick to actual real reasons rather than try to trick people? That's just ridiculous behavior. And they keep repeating the same crap even though it is been thoroughly debunked! Who, exactly, are they trying to convince? Sometimes, when I see crap like this, I think it is almost an effort to bolster up their own supporters, just in case interest was starting to flag and they felt they need to rile up the troops again.
Conservatives operate in a different plane of reality than I do, apparently.