Tuesday, August 07, 2007

The wit and wisdom of The Simpsons, as it applies to the administration of George W. Bush.




Thanks to the IMDB.

Bart: I'm Bart Simpson. Who the hell are you?

Tom Brady: [shouts] Everyone sucks but me!

Homer Simpson: Sometimes, Marge, you just have to go with your gut.
Marge: You *always* go with your gut. How about for once you listen to your brain?

Mr. Burns: Oh, so mother nature needs a favor? Well, maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys.

Marge: There's no shame in being a pariah.

Grampa: [to Homer] Make me proud... or at least less ashamed.

Mr. Burns: I can't be responsible for what my goons are ordered to do.

Mr. Burns: Thank you, come again. Smithers, release the hounds.

Kent Brockman: ...and the fluffy kitten played with that ball of string all through the night. On a lighter note, a Kwik-E-Mart clerk was brutally murdered last night.

Homer: Kids, just because I don't care doesn't mean I'm not listening.

Mr. Burns: Smithers, you could learn a thing or two from this braying moron.

Homer: These candidates make me want to vomit in terror.

Rupert Murdoch: What the bloody hell?

Homer: The sun? That's the hottest place on Earth.

Ned Flanders: Science is like a blabbermouth who ruins the movie by telling you how it ends. Well, I say there are some things we don't want to know. Important things.

Homer: I don't mind being called a liar when I'm lying, or about to lie, or just finished lying, but NOT WHEN I'M TELLING THE TRUTH.

Homer: Boy, everyone is stupid except me.

Homer: D'oh!

(Note: Do a search on "wit and wisdom", if you would care to see the other entries in this series.)

No comments: