Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life mimics art, otherwise known as Buffy the Vampire Slayer


Xander: No, it's just... this Malcolm guy? What's his deal? I mean, tell me you're not slightly wigged.
Buffy: Okay, slightly. I mean, just not knowing what he's really like.
Xander: Or who he really is. I mean, sure he says he's a high school student, but I can say I'm a high school student.
Buffy: You are.
Xander: Okay, but I can also say that I'm an elderly Dutch woman. Get me? I mean, who's to say I'm not if I'm in the elderly Dutch chat room?
Buffy: I get your point!
[gets his point]
Buffy: I get your point. Oh, this guy could be anybody. He could be weird, or crazy, or old, or... He could be a circus freak.
[panicked]
Buffy: He's probably a circus freak!
Xander: Yeah. I mean, we read about it all the time. Y'know, people meet on the 'Net, they talk, they get together, have dinner, a show, horrible ax murder.
Buffy: Willow ax murdered by a circus freak... Okay, okay, what do we do?
[realizes her paranoia]
Buffy: What are we doing? Xander, you get me started! We are totally overreacting!
Xander: But it's fun, isn't it?

Here’s the “mimicking life” bit. Can’t you just imagine George Bush having this kind of conversation with Dick Cheney before invading Iraq?

No comments: